Sunday, October 16, 2011

The October Garden

The gardens still are flourishing and enjoying the cooler mornings.   Today is just such a picture perfect day.   I looked out my window and noticed my Dr. Moy Ginger was blooming again.   A bit hard to capture the pail orange color...  but oh what a beautiful ginger.




The butterfly gingers continue to bloom as well.  They peek their flowers up above all of the other gingers in the garden.


While right along side of it another French Kiss ginger is showing up. 

The Maximillian sunflowers that I have featured before.  However, the way our bright sun is on them I have not been able to get a great picture until this morning.   I'm so very pleased with them.



It is hard to believe I almost pulled these out as weeds.  I do hope they reseed and come back next year.  They are so tall and elegant and put on quite a pretty show.

Another plant that always seems to surprise me by showing up late in my gardens is my Bleeding Heart Vine....   each year I think it is not coming back, and then all of a sudden it shows up.


In the front yard the white Phillipine Violet is really looking pretty.  This is fairly new to my garden as a friend had given me a small piece.   Once I moved it to the front yard it seemed quite happy.


All of the above pictures were taken with my Ipod Touch 4th Gen.   Not bad for just using that little camera on it.   I just upgraded to IOS 5 and am quite happy. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oopsie, My comment went to Red or Orange.!!
.
LOL~!

But Dr. Moy is a creamy orange!

WOW .. that pass-a-long- ..Dr. Moy is loving it there! What a 'Great' spot you chose Pat!!!

It's originally from San Antonio so it should take
your wicked winter but you may see a smaller bloom if there is a really really bad cold snap.. when it's time for it to bloom! For the past two years Dr. Moy did not perform well here.. due to the cold blast last year and this horrible drought this year!

Urs