Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Red or Orange in the Fall Garden

Took Angel for a walk around the yard this evening, and I really enjoyed a bit of fall colors!  Nope not the trees changing for me here in Florida, but the shades of red and orange flowers.  I thought I would feature two of them today.

The first:  Red Passion Vine (Passiflora Vitifolia).   This vine completely encompasses my front garden light and forms a skirt around it.   It is a very vigorous grower which means I must keep after it so it doesn't take over the entire front garden area.  But it is a beautiful site in bloom.

 


As I go around to the side of the house, the fence is adorned with Cape Honeysuckle (Tecomaria Capensis).  This is just loved by humming birds and butterflies as well.   It looks so glorious in the fall as that is when it provides me with the most blooms.


So I am really enjoying my fall colors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HiYa,

All my gingers did NOTHING due to the heat and the long drought!

Dr. Moy just bloomed this past week!

Very stunted !

Everything here is suffering!!!

Reminds me of our long talks and garden rants
when you were in the long long dry drought!
.