Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Turning 70!

Yesterday was my birthday and I turned 70.   I really don't feel 70.   As a matter of fact I don't feel old at all.   I met a friend when I was walking Angel and she said, "oh wouldn't it be great to be a teen again?"  I thought about that, and really, I don't think so.   I'm content where I am.   Would I like some changes to my life, yes.  But the changes are just to lose some of this extra weight I'm carrying around.   Also I would love to be able to see all the children and grandchildren more often.   I guess being 70 isn't too bad.  Maybe I will have the longevity of my mom and Aunt Laura.  They are 98 and 97!  Amazing isn't it?

So then people ask, what did you do for this landmark birthday?  Richard and I went out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and then we went to the movies.   We saw Dolphin Tale.   Oh, I just loved it!  What a remarkable story and great film.   We did that on Sunday instead of on my birthday because Monday's I take my mom grocery shopping.  But I didn't mind that we did it the day before....  I just thoroughly enjoyed a delightful relaxing day.

An exciting thing about my birthday is that I have a super grandson who shares my day.   He turned 16 and I bet he is now at the license bureau getting his learner's permit!   Now that is an exciting thing to do on your birthday....

But then getting back to my day and the movie....   I really must go down to Clearwater and see Winter.   I've been to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium a number of years ago, but Winter wasn't there then.   I spoke with my daughter yesterday, she said when the girls come down here again they, too, want to visit Winter.   I love it!   See that is why I don't mind 70.  The grands keep me young.  Their excitement transfers to me.  

So I invite you visit Winter in Clearwater and if you can't see Winter in person, enjoy reading about her here:
http://www.seewinter.com/winter   There is even a webcam to enjoy.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW.. You really don't act your age by all the garden chores you did this past summer!


I hope You enjoyed the day...

Susi just saw Dolphin Tail and said it was a great Movie!!